October is the very pumpkin’s month: a lot of tasty recipes can be made with it.
One of them is Tortelli filled with pumpkin and Amaretti cookies with melted butter, to be served with a semi-sparkling or a sparkling wine.
Our Malmsey Pepe Bio perfectly fits with the sweetness of the pumpkin and of the melted butter:
- it has a moderate acidity, not covering the typical taste of this vegetable
- its effervescence, being re-fermented in bottle, helps to limit the fatness of the butter
- the typical aromaticity of the Malvasia di Candia Aromatica balances the bitterish taste of the Amaretti cookies.
The recipe in details (4 people):
- prepare the dough sheet kneading the flour (300 gr.) with 3 eggs, salt, a teaspoon of EVO oil, until you have a smooth and homogeneous dough. Wrap it in the film and let it sit in for about 30 minutes, before spreading it
- in the meantime, you need to prepare the filling: wash, slice and place the pumpkin (500 gr.) on a baking tray with baking paper and bake it in preheated oven at 180°, for about 15/20 minutes
- remove the peel and put the pulp in the blender
- let this mixture cool for a few minutes, add the grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (150 gr.), the amaretti crumbs (100 gr), salt and nutmeg
- roll out the dough with a rolling pin to make it thin, make small piles of stuffing distant from each other. Cover with another sheet of dough, seal well all the edges of each Tortello. Finally cut them all with a fluted cutting wheel.
Your recipe is finished; now it should be tasted with a good bottle of our Malvasia Frizzante Pepe Bio: buy it online on our Wine Shop.
This traditional dish can be tasted at our restaurant (our Malmsey too), with other typical dishes from Emilia region and many more.
Click here to see information about our Agriturismo Bacchanalis and book your table.